We have a total crush on Debby Ryan’s chic ‘do. Find out why in this week’s installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week.
Is it just me or is anyone else seriously crushing on Debby Ryan’s stunning sideswept waves? Debby is a frequent fixture of this column and with hair like hers, it’s no surprise why. The Disney star combined texture, shine and definition for a statement-making red carpet look I adore. I got Morgan Willhite, Creative Director and Lead Stylist for Ouidad, to share her tips for recreating Debby’s ‘do. Go ahead, lovelies, style away.
Get the look
- When creating soft natural waves, I recommend treating your hair the night before with Salon Series by Ouidad Omega-3 Replenishing Hair Treatment. This will boost your color to its optimum shine, while helping to control any frizz, keeping curls silky and smooth.
- Prior to curling your hair, prep locks for styling with a volumizing product. (Product pick: Ouidad PlayCurl Volumizing Styling Spray). Doing so will add hydration, texture and lift before you dry your hair.
- Next, it’s time to blow dry using your fave blow dryer. Make sure hair is completely dry before using your iron.
- To create soft waves, get a large 1-inch or wider iron ready. After you have set the curls and let them cool, avoid using a brush, instead use your fingers to break up the waves until they naturally interlock.
- Next, I love to slightly tousle the waves using Ouidad Wave Create Sea Spray. This adds a bit of texture, giving the curls a more natural appearance.
- Finally, finish with Salon Series by Ouidad Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Hair Treatment. Spritz one pump into your palms and run over the surface of hair to add shine and tame frizz.