While you’re rooting on Team USA at the Winter Olympics, don’t forget to show your pride for the home team with some patriotic braided hairstyles. We’ll show you three ways to wear your team spirit in your hair.
Sideswept braided hairstyles have been trending the past few seasons, and are a chic look that’s easy to create. Infuse some patriotism into your side braid with some colored ribbons!
- 2 bobby pins
- 2 long ribbons in USA colors
- Begin by brushing your hair out completely (Tip: Add a little Pantene hairspray to give hair texture so the braid stays better.)
- Take 2 ribbons and 2 bobby pins and run each ribbon through a pin (keep pin at the furthest end of the ribbon with as little excess ribbon sticking out as possible).
- Part hair on one side and divide a section where your braid will start.
- Place bobby pins (with ribbons attached) at the start of your braid.
- Begin braiding your hair as you normally would. Be sure two parts of your braid have a ribbon with it. (Tip: Braid slowly, making sure the ribbons are clearly showing as you go.)
- Keep braiding until you reach the end and tie off hair with a clear elastic band.
- Wrap the excess ribbon around the elastic band and double knot so it stays in place. Trim the excess ribbon and smile at how cute you look!
Ditch your boring headbands and create a unique twist on the look with a ribbon braided headband. You’ll definitely stand out on the sidelines with this ‘do!
- 4 hair ties
- 2 ribbons in USA colors
- 2-4 bobby pins
- Pantene hairspray
- This look is best with medium to long hair. Begin by brushing your hair out completely. (Tip: Add a little Pantene hairspray to give hair texture so the braid stays better.)
- Take 2 ribbons and 2 hair ties and run a ribbon through each hair tie. Set aside.
- Divide hair down the middle and section out two low ponytails on each side.
- Using a hair tie with ribbon attached, tie off one of your ponytails at the base.
- Braid that ponytail, making sure you can see the ribbon clearly as you go.
- Use a hair tie with no ribbon to tie off the end of the braid.
- Repeat this on the other side so you have two low braided ponytails.
- Next, take one ponytail and wrap it up to the top of your head. To hold in place, bobby pin the end (hide bobby pins in hair). Repeat this on the other ponytail.
- If you feel any loose hair, add a bobby pin to help hold hair in place.
- Finish with a light spray of hairspray.
Pantene biathlon braid
What better way to support Team USA than with a patriotic braided hairstyle? The hair geniuses at Pantene came up with this fun ‘do and we’re showing you how to create it at home!
- Pantene hairspray
- Elastic bands
- Pre-braided ribbons
For your ribbon braids:
- Make sure they’re 3 inches longer than your hair
- Create 3 separate ribbon braids to use
- Prep hair for braiding: Wash and prep hair with Pantene mousse. Section hair into 3 sections (left, right and back). Start at the base of the bottom (back) section and divide into 3 sections. Connect your pre-made braids.
- Start to braid hair: Come back to your first section (the left side) and take a triangle shape and start to braid. When you’re about an inch down, start adding your ribbon to your braid, 1 braid in each strand that you’re braiding. Gently twist the hair as you braid to make sure your ribbons are on show as you come around the head, securing with an elastic at the bottom, preferably in your country’s colors.
- Finish the look: Now that you’re done with the braid, go through and check to see if there are any spots where you might have lost your ribbons. If there are any spots where you can’t see the ribbon, just pull it out slightly so it’s on full display.
- Take the remainder of your braid and tuck it into the back to give you a nice finished look. Get your Pantene hairspray and give hair a quick spritz to hold the style in place all day!