Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Jennifer Morrison
We have a total crush on Jennifer Morrison's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week.
There are always hairstyles that make you stop dead in your tracks and stare, and Jennifer Morrison's recent braided updo had me doing just that. The Once Upon A Time actress swept her blond locks into an intricate braided updo with pompadour detailing for an event, and I think we can all agree that it paired perfectly with her beautiful V-neck gown.
Justine Piecuch, stylist at Boston's Salon Capri, is sharing her tips for creating Jennifer's 'do on your own. Have fun styling, ladies!
Get the look
"The great part about a look like this is you can be as creative as you want by changing the direction of the braid or even adding more," Justine says. "It's meant to be fun and easy."
- Start by adding a volumizing mousse. Blow dry the hair using your fingers and twist dry. We're looking for the hair to have a beachy, fun look.
- Next, section a triangle from the outer corner of each eye to a few inches back (the center of the top of your head). Clip this section off.
- Below that clipped off section, grab a section about 2 inches deep (stick your fingers in the center of the temple and top of the ear and drag your fingers to the back until they meet). Braid this section loosely and secure it away.
- Divide the remaining hair into 2 sections, 1 on the left and 1 on the right. Loosely braid each.
- Next, braid those braids together again, keeping everything very loose. When you get to the nape (bottom of the neck), secure with an elastic. Back comb (combing the hair toward the head). Pin into a messy bun.
- Loosen up the look in the back by gently pulling on braided pieces. Again, this will help the lived-in feel.
- For the triangle top section, tease, smooth, twist and secure into place with a bobby pin.
- Hit everything with a little holding spray, making sure to slick back any flyaways on the sides.