Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Nina Dobrev
We have a total crush on Nina Dobrev's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week.
Everyone has a few celeb fashion and beauty crushes. Nina Dobrev just happens to be one of mine. The star of The Vampire Diaries manages to combine youthful style with sophistication at every red carpet event she attends and is constantly pushing the boundaries with edgy, complicated hairstyles.
At a recent event, Nina wore her beautiful locks in a braided updo and I got celebrity hairstylist and Wella Professionals Top Artist Aubrey Loots to share his tips for recreating Nina's lovely 'do at home. Have fun styling, ladies!
Get the look
"This is a fun and easy at-home twisted, braided updo. The idea of Nina’s look is to achieve an 'undone' yet structured and intentional style," Aubrey says.
- To recreate Nina’s look at home, begin by drying your hair with your hands. Before it's all the way dry, spray in Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz for texture and grit.
- Then create a ponytail in the back and apply more Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz.
- Next add a simple braid, twist or knot and wrap it around the base of the ponytail.
- Pull out a soft piece of hair around the face and a few fuzzies around the entire hairline.
- Finish off with a light workable hairspray like Wella Professionals Stay Essential for hold.