Get the look: Kacey Musgraves' Grammys hair
Some of the best hairstyles are also the simplest. Kacey Musgraves proved that at last night's Grammys with her sideswept, slightly wavy 'do. Find out how to recreate the look yourself!
It was quite the night for country singer Kacey Musgraves! The young beauty performed at the Grammys and took home two shiny awards. Did we mention she also showed up dressed to impress in an embellished v-neck minidress and embroidered shoes? Yep.
To complement her complex dress, Kacey opted for simplistic hair and wore her locks in a slightly sideswept 'do with a bit of a wave and lots of shine. Itching to get the look yourself? You're in luck because we're showing you how!
Get the look
- Start your look with clean hair. If you're pressed for time, day old hair will do, but clean hair will be easier to manipulate for this style if you have heavily textured locks to start with.
- Prep wet hair for styling with a heat protectant and a styling product that will enhance your natural wave (or create one, if you have straighter hair).
- Rough-dry locks until they're about 80 percent dry. Then, using your fave paddle brush, continue to blow dry. You're not aiming for the volume a round brush provides here, so simply blow dry down.
- Once locks are dry, spritz with a texturizing product (we love Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Texturizing Sea Spray) to add texture and shine. Scrunch through hair so it's fully absorbed.
- If you have natural waves, the spray should bring them out, but not all of us are that lucky, so here's where you use a curling iron! Lightly wrap locks around a 1-1/2-inch curling iron to create a really light wave.
- Create a deep side part and run a smoothing shine cream though locks. Voilà, you're done!
try it on
Kacey rocked a chic messy bun earlier in the night. Try it on in our virtual makeover tool here.