Forget the awards, we tuned in to last night’s Grammys to check out the gorgeous beauty and fashion! Rita Ora’s retro curls have us crushing in a major way, and we’re showing you how to steal her look for yourself.
Much like us, Jenny Balding, NYC Cutler/Redken Styling and Grooming Expert fell instantly in love with Rita Ora’s classic curls at last night’s Grammy Awards: “This gorgeous, vintage Hollywood-inspired hair is very stylish and modern because of the color. Having some regrowth and then really blond throughout is what makes this look.”
Rita paired her glossy curls with an unexpected covered up dress, some strappy sandals and a stunning smoky eye. The result? Amazingness at its finest. Jenny was kind enough to offer some tips for scoring Rita’s glam hair, and we’re adding in a few suggestions of our own. Have fun styling, gals!
Get the look
- For this look, you’ll want to work with clean hair, so make sure you wash hair before any styling.
- Once hair is washed, start by combing your hair into a low side part on one side. Editor’s note: The side doesn’t matter, whatever is most flattering to your face shape!
- Next, blow dry locks with a large round brush to give your hair manageable texture.
- Now it’s time to curl! Take your favorite medium-sized curling iron and run it vertically through locks from mid-length to your ends. This will give you that bouncy, voluminous curl Rita’s rocking. While you’re curling, keep the part and crown area smooth — you don’t want any extra volume here, that’s what the curls are for.
- Editor’s note: Let your curls cool, then set with a shine spray that also offers humidity protection and strong hold. Voila, you’re done!
Try it on
Try on Rita Ora’s curls in the virtual makeover tool.
Start here. >>