Get the look: Emilia Clarke's Golden Globes hair
Find out how to recreate Emilia Clarke's gorgeous Golden Globes hairstyle, straight from her hairstylist!
Obsessed with Game of Thrones? So are we! One of the show's stars, Emilia Clarke, graced the red carpet at the Golden Globes last night in a stunning sparkly gown with a sweetheart neckline. To complement her statement-making dress, Emilia opted for soft, touchable waves.
Celebrity stylist Mark Townsend created the sweet look and is sharing his step-by-step tips for getting the look at home!
Get the look
"I was so inspired by Emilia's Proenza Schouler gown. The mix of embroideries looked like movement, so I wanted her hair to move beautifully as well," Mark says.
- Mark started by prepping Emilia's damp hair with a few drops of the new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment (it's loaded with nourishing African macadamia oil) and combing it through.
- Next, he sprayed the new Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray to the roots and blow dried her hair using a round brush.
- Taking 3-inch sections of hair, Mark wrapped each section around a 1-1/2-inch curling iron. The large barrel helped to create nice loose bends in the hair instead of tighter curls.
- Once all the hair had been curled, he sprayed Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray all over to give the hair great texture.
- Mark finished the look by taking a few more drops of the new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment in his hands and raking it through Emilia's hair to give it loads of shine without added weight.