Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Paris Hilton
We have a total crush on Paris Hilton's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
So, whose amazing hair am I crushing on this week? Paris Hilton's flirty curly/braided combo! The socialite worked the bold 'do at a recent event and paired it with a sparkly LBD and girly makeup. I'm dying to know how to recreate her 'do, so I turned to Nick Penna, creative director and co-founder of Boston's Be Styled. Check out his step-by-step tips for scoring Paris' look!
Get the look
- At Be Styled, we call this look “be swirly” — it’s one of our most popular style requests because it’s fun, looks natural and easily transitions to any occasion. To begin, start with hair smooth and completely blown out.
- With a 1-1/2-inch curling iron, curl each section in the desired direction.
- Hold hair with fingers and wrap around the barrel, and as you work toward the front of the face, work the curling iron back off the face for a framing effect.
- When finished, lightly brush or use fingers to stretch curls to create an “imperfect” and naturally curly look.
- After completing the curled look, this is where you release your inner stylist and begin the cornrow style braid starting at the scalp. Then once complete, pin at the base and let hair naturally fall over the braid.
- For maximum hold, Nick recommends using Kerastase Laque Dentelle.