We have a total crush on Carrie Underwood’s chic ‘do. Find out why in this week’s installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Carrie Underwood is skilled at many things — singing, acting and looking majorly stylish at every event she attends are three that come to mind. Here, the country crooner looked perfect in a messy side bun and larger-than-life lashes. I asked Oribe Creative Director Ronnie Stam to show us how to look just as pretty as Carrie. Have fun!
Get the look
“I like this look a lot because it’s not overly styled. It’s done and not done at the same time. It looks like she did it herself and did an amazing job. There’s a beautiful nonchalance about it,” Ronnie says.
- Spray Foundation Mist throughout damp hair to nourish and detangle. Brush through.
- Apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse to hair in small sections from roots to ends to create body. Blow dry to maximum volume with a medium-size round brush. For added lift, brush hair straight up from the roots.
- Curl random sections of hair with a medium-barrel curling iron, rolling sections back off the face. Use Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray before applying heat to protect hair and add soft hold.
- Gather hair loosely to the side and secure with a small rubber band, leaving some pieces loose around the face. Pull the ponytail through the elastic a few times, leaving a loop on your final pass through. Pull the hair apart a bit for a messy finish.
- Detail the loose pieces with Fiber Groom for shine and separation.