Chic plus-size finds under $50
We've all had those moments where we look in our closets and think, "I have nothing to wear!" The worst of this is when we look in our wallets and see that we have nothing to spend. Well, have no fear, I've scoured the net for some of the most fabulous finds for us curvy girls and they are all under $50.
When trying to get the look for less, there are a few tips I'd like to share.
Know the trends
Knowing what you are looking for helps eliminate those closet blunders that seemed like a great deal at the time and never make it out of the closet. I love reading magazines and watching E!'s Fashion Police, and you might find yourself studying blogs or Pinterest. This season's hot list includes snakeskin, or anything animal print in general, cobalt blue, leather anything, studs and peplum.
Know what you want
The idea is to stay relevant and know what is current. With this goes having style goals. Know what you want! If this is the season you'll finally overcome your fear of skinnies or embrace prints, then set the goal to make that happen. Knowing what you want helps make the shopping experience more targeted and focused. I know I am making this sound more complicated than it needs to be, but how many times have you found yourself “just looking” and then ending up entirely depressed and bewildered because you can't find anything. When you know what you want and what you are looking for, you can make your shopping dreams come true much faster.
Know your budget
Knowing what you have to spend helps you stay on track. Why bother window-shopping Bloomingdale's if you know that you are on a tight budget? Stick to stores you know have great deals and remember that style has no size or budget. With the right tools, we can all be stylish no matter what our pocketbook holds. Some of my favorite places to shop for bargains include Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, Forever 21 and Macy's.
Look for versatile items
We all want to get the most use out of what we buy, so when looking for trendy pieces, try them in accent pieces and not major investments or statements like coats or shoes. I am all about embracing hot trends via a fabulous scarf, cute top or flirty accessories.
Style your looks
Just like you've seen Rachel Zoe do for her clients on her show, put together looks that work for you. Keep in mind where you're going when putting together an outfit, who will be there, what's appropriate, what you want to communicate and be intentional about what you wear. So often, as busy women, we throw on the first thing that is clean and matches. Taking just a few minutes to prioritize yourself can make you feel so much more confident throughout your day.
Below I've included links to some of my favorite pieces out there right now and they are all under $50!
Sexy and chic
- Lane Bryant Embellished Metallic Tee (Lane Bryant, $50)
- Torrid Textured Snake Print Leggings (Torrid, $30)
Fun and flirty
- Day Off the Grid Dress in Leopard (ModCloth, $50)
- Lane Bryant Square Neck Peplum Top (Lane Bryant, $45)
- Bobeau High/Low Tee (Nordstrom, $34)
- Sealed With A Kiss Designs Plus Size Megan Maxi Skirt (Amazon, $50)
- Lane Bryant Shimmer Print Tunic (Lane Bryant, $45)
Edgy and trendy
- Forever 21 Daring Faux Leather Dress (Forever 21, $25)
- H&M Knitted Jumper (H&M, $48)
- Dressbarn Plus Size Printed Faux Leather Trim Top (Dressbarn, $35)
- Wet Seal Animal Georgette Skirt With Front Slits (Wet Seal, $13)
- ASOS CURVE Mini Skirt In PU (ASOS, $30)
- Wet Seal Short ZooLoo Hardware Boot (Wet Seal, $20)
- Spliced Hem Skater Dress (City Chic, $30)
- Plus Size Fabulous Bodycon Sweetheart Taupe Dress (Plussizefix.com, $43)
- Le Frequency C'est Chic Top in Plus Size (ModCloth, $50)
- Old Navy Women's Plus The Rockstar Boot-Cut Cords (Old Navy, $48)
- Torrid Oxford Lace-Up Booties (Wide Width) (Torrid, $55)