How to get the perfect spring bun
Looking for an easy way to master one of spring’s hottest hair trends at home? We consult the owners of New York City’s MINTtheSALON for tips on creating the perfect bun in just minutes!
From Tina Fey's tightly coiffed 'do at this year's Oscars to Lauren Conrad's classic messy chignons, this updo is a must-have this season. Chanel and Diane von Furstenberg even featured the style in their most recent runway shows! So as you transition from spring to summer, this style will become your ultimate staple — especially because hair kept away from your neck means instant cool off. Perfection.
Check out MINTtheSALON's Allison Burr and Charlene Dougan's quick tips for instant hair glamour:
- Brush hair into a ponytail. Try a Mason Pearson brush.
- As you are brushing the hair into a ponytail, spray hair with hairspray.
- Continue brushing hair into your hands and then secure with an elastic band, preferably with no metal on it.
- Once secure, twist the ponytail starting from the base where the elastic is to the end.
- Spray lightly and then wrap it around the elastic and secure with hair pins, keeping the hair slightly messy and not perfect.
- Once secure, finish the look by spraying all stray hairs into place with hairspray and hold hand on the sprayed section until it dries to create a sleek and finished bun.
For more information on Mint Salon, visit mintthesalon.com.
If you're looking for the perfect outfit to accentuate your stylish new bun, try an off the shoulder flirty top to pull the attention to your bare shoulders and then straight up to the hair. We suggest this colorful Old Navy blouse. Also, if you're obsessed with earrings (like we are), make sure you wear simple studs so the focus does not drift from your beautiful mane. These cool Tinley Road stunners are the easiest way to add that touch of casual elegance to your everyday life.
What do you think? Will you join us and rock this trend? Tell us in the comments below!