E!'s Ashlan Gorse's top beauty picks for 2011
Who has the best hair and style on the red carpet? E!’s Ashlan Gorse gives us her top picks of 2011.
As one of the hosts ofE! News and a resident red carpet correspondent, Ashlan Gorse reports on everything from superstar beauty looks to complete style disasters. We catch up with the entertainment star just as she steps out of her hair and makeup chair to get her top celeb beauty picks of the year. (Plus, we give you quick and easy tips to get the look this season.)
"Cindy looks exactly the same as she did fifteen years ago," Ashlan says.
- Volume. Start by adding volume to your hair with Alterna's Bamboo Volume to give it the body it needs.
- Part. Part your hair in the middle for that symmetrical supermodel look.
- Curl. Take a one-inch curling iron and wrap the end of the hair slightly for a few seconds to give a little extra wave to frame your face.
"Heidi always looks so natural and fresh," Ashlan says.
- Wash. If you're in a rush, try Oscar Blandi's Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Shampoo to get perfectly clean in minutes. (Plus, the spray will boost volume and strengthen your roots.)
- Blow. Blow dry you hair with a round brush to get the little extra body needed.
- Curl. Take a two-inch curling iron to form loose, natural curls from the roots to the end of your hair.
"She can pull off anything from messy hair to a smoky eye and red lip," Ashlan says.
- Blow. Blow dry your hair straight with a two-inch or three-inch brush for that sleek and sexy look.
- Comb. To really show off a dramatic, yet subtle makeup look like Eva's, pull your hair back in a high ponytail by combing the hair all the way back. Try the Mason Pearson Pocket Comb for extreme comfort.
- Secure. Tie your hair first with a basic hair band and add a sparkly accessory to appear effortlessly glamorous. The Tasha Glitz Maximas Hair Clip will make you stand out at any party this season.
Don't forget to catch Ashlan on E! News weekdays at 7 p.m. EST and on the red carpet with all of your favorite stars this winter.