Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Kate Middleton
We have a total crush on Kate Middleton's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Kate Middleton has finally given birth to the world's most anticipated baby, and we can't wait to watch him/her follow in his/her mom's fashionable footsteps.
In the meantime, I have to gush a little over Kate's hair! The Duchess of Cambridge recently wore her always perfect locks in this adorable half up, half down 'do with a twist and I'm officially adding this to my to 'do list.
The way Kate's hair twists in the middle is a nice twist (pardon the pun) on the typical voluminous half updo I'm used to seeing many celebs rock. This is a style you can rock for any special event you're attending this summer or just for a new take on your daily 'do!
Shannon Walsh, stylist at Boston's renowned Jeffrey Lyle Salon, is sharing her tips for getting this fab do at home. "Kate Middleton's half-updo is very sweet and the look is effortless," Walsh says.
Get the look
- Let's begin by putting some mousse (Kerastase Mousse Substantive) into damp hair. I prefer using a wide tooth comb to spread the product out evenly from root to ends.
- Blow dry hair with a large round brush to achieve fullness at the root and body throughout the ends.
- Once hair is completely dry, go in with a 1.5-inch curling wand. Take 2-inch sections of hair and wrap around the wand, starting at the nape of the head, working up to the front.
- When the curls are finished and completely cooled, put a little oil (Kerastase Elixir Ultime) in your palm, tip head upside down and finger comb curls out lightly.
- Create a side part (it does not have to be neat) and use a Mason Pearson bristle brush to softly brush the front curls away from the face, and prep it for pinning up.
- Taking a small section from one side at the front, twist and pin in the crown with a bobby pin.
- Repeat on the other side, crossing over the first twist and pin.
- Continue going from side to side until all the hair in the front is "crisscrossed" and pinned up.
- Complete the look by spraying hairspray (Kerastase Double Force) over the half-updo and enjoy!