Get Antje Traue's Man of Steel premiere makeup & hair
Man of Steel star Antje Traue turned heads at the film's Monday night premiere with her dramatic look. Love it? We got the inside scoop on how to copy her look at home!
Actress Antje Traue might not be a household name yet, but that's about to change.
The 32-year-old German actress walked the red carpet Monday night at the premiere of her new film, Man of Steel, in a Jil Sander dress with hair styled by Sebastian Professional lead stylist Thomas Dunkin.
"This is a very simple way to create a polished updo for a formal evening without looking too done up," Dunkin told SheKnows.
Want to re-create the look at home? It's pretty simple:
- Soak hair thoroughly with Sebastian Professional Thickefy Foam.
- Blow-dry using a large, round brush to create mega volume and root lift.
- Take 2-inch sections of hair and wrap them around a large-barreled curling iron.
- Brush through the curls and create a ponytail, leaving out pieces that naturally frame the face.
- Spritz Sebastian Professional Shaper to keep the hair in place all night long.
Get Antje's neutral makeup and dramatic lips
A simple, romantic hairstyle calls for a complementary romantic makeup look. We asked makeup pro Karen Scott to give us a few tips on getting Antje's simple makeup and bright lips.
- Cover minor imperfections with a blemish concealer using a sponge.
- Dust illuminating powder or bronzer all over the face to create a natural glow.
- Smile and add a creme cheek color to the apples of your cheeks to create a natural rosy look.
- Brush a little cream shadow on your eyelids (to help your eye shadow last longer). Then add a pop of gold color eye shadow to your eyelids.
- Fill in your brows with a taupe brow pencil. Then brush on one coat of brow-set gel to keep them in place.
- Add your favorite black mascara to your top and bottom lashes.
- Top off the look with a deep berry lipstick (we like Lancôme Rouge in Love High Potency Lipcolor in Berry in Love).
Be sure to keep a vitamin E stick in your purse for touch-ups throughout the night, said Scott.
"It will keep your eyes and lips stay hydrated!" she said.