Add A Splash Of Color

With the kitchen being one of the most used rooms in a home, you should feel comfortable in it and enjoy its colors. Whether you are looking for an inviting space, a cozy room, a great entertaining zone or want to make a smaller area appear larger, here are a collection of colors you are sure to love as much as we do.

yellow kitchen

Neutrals

Kitchens in browns and neutral colors tend to be the most appealing kitchen color palettes. We love neutral tones because they allows for more options. When creating a backsplash and choosing counter tops, a neutral paint color works best because you can then add a variety of shades, tones and colors in the granite and tile. For instance, black granite counter tops enhance shades of brown. Copper and brass accents work well with light brown wood stained cabinets. When looking for a classic and elegant kitchen, khaki paint will help set that tone.

Red

If you are searching for an inviting and energizing color, red is the way to go! Warmer colors tend to make you feel hungry, which might not be great for a diet, but it will be great when it comes to entertaining your guests and family. What we love most about red is the ability to use it multiple ways. From a full, bright red kitchen to a muted red accent wall, the shades are almost endless. Home Renovation Guide shares a few tips on painting your accent wall or considering painting other areas in the room to create a grand effect. Red paint also complements many wood tones, which helps with cabinet selection. Not into reds? Consider orange as an alternate to red with the same inviting effect.

White

A white kitchen represents a clean and fresh environment. If you have china, serving dishes or a special collection of items to display, a white color palette is best to work with. The colors and patterns from your collections will make for a stronger presence against a white wall. Floral and colored serving dishes can also serve as a secondary color palette for your space. What we love most about white is how it works so well with stainless steel appliances. A fresh white wall, stainless steel appliances like the complete kitchen solution from LG and the ability to display your treasured items each help to create a beautiful and crisp kitchen.

Yellow

Yellow is a cheerful color that will brighten any kitchen. Similar to the effects a red kitchen gives, yellow is also an appetite stimulator. A sunny shade equates to comfort as well. Family and friends will easily settle into your kitchen to enjoy a meal. What we love most about yellow is the way it makes a room appear to be larger. If you are trying to make your kitchen or dining area a little more cozy or you are working with a slightly smaller space, yellow would be a great consideration.

Related articles

New eco-friendly paints
Best colors for kitchen cabinets

Choosing kitchen counter tops

Comments

Comments on "Kitchen paint colors we love"

Marieta March 29, 2014 | 9:06 AM

Hi, I would like to know the color used (yellow) in the above kitchen photograph. Thanks.

Cathy September 06, 2012 | 7:25 AM

Yes, please tell me the name and brand of the yellow paint on the kitchen walls? Thanks!

Ash-Leigh August 19, 2012 | 9:47 PM

I need help! my cupboards are stained light brown, my counter tops are brown/bits of red and my flooring is a tan/gray, but my living room is attached to it and so is the hallway. I am getting furniture that will be a dark brown or black. I love red but not a bold red I was thinking ceyanne and I want to have a tanish/brown in the living room should I do an accent wall?

SunnyM August 08, 2012 | 5:47 PM

How can I use paint to pull my kitchen together. My cabinets are white and floor and countertops black. White Gas stove. Black Ref, Trash Compactor, and Wall Oven. But hope I can remove old green beige leaf wallpaper. It is not attactive and the green does nothing for it. I have yellow in the Adjacent Dinning room and formal living room and all rooms upstairs. So, I am afraid yellow would be too much. The adjacent den is an odd shade of green and don't want green back in kitchen. Do I just white? I though of a light grey since the grout looks grey but I think of Battleship grey and it is not a color I would usually think of for my kitchen other than it may blend the back and white. I have nice heavy molding at the top and chair railing too. Would you use an accent color tor the molding and what color can pull all this together? Please help me make my kitchen look pulled together rather a mess like it is??

Lisa August 08, 2012 | 1:55 PM

Tish the color on the walls looks exactly like Castle Path by Ralph Lauren. I have it in my basement, definitely adds a brightening effect, and a happy feel.

grace August 07, 2012 | 8:22 PM

my kitchen is kind of yellow and i would like to know what color would go with the cabinets they ar kind of a rust color right now if y can tell me what color to paint them thank y.

Tish August 01, 2012 | 6:14 PM

Please help!!!!! I've been trying to find out the name of the yellow paint color on the walls in the picture above with no luck. Can anyone tell me the name brand and color???? Thank you!!!

Carrie June 03, 2012 | 5:55 PM

Great suggestions for a kitchen! I love colors that stimulate the appetite when entertaining!