Simple beauty tips to feel pretty all day long
Get a natural looking glow by exfoliating, says SexyFlirtyAndFit blogger Martinique Carter. While in the shower, use a deep cleaning body and face scrub to remove dead skin. Follow with a light moisturizer -- self-tanning for your body and luminizing for your face.
To keep your look feeling fresh all day long, opt for smudge-proof and waterproof make-up, says Stacy Provines Reid, creator of TINte Cosmetics. (Tip: Apply your make-up with a dampened cosmetic brush to help it stay put.)
Stylist Jamie Miller of the Skyline Downtown Salon in Kansas City, MO loves moisturizing water sprays and spray toners. "They’re a great way to moisturize and refresh. Use before applying make-up for a clean, smooth palate and after to set the make-up."
Bright, white teeth
Put your best face foward with a gorgeous smile. Cosmetic dentist John Koutsoyiannis, founder of SOHOSMILE, offers simple advice for achieving your best smile:
- Take two minutes to brush and floss after every meal. (Expert tip: Electric toothbrushes work best.)
- Use drinking straws to allow stain-causing dyes to bypass your teeth.
- Enjoy natural teeth-cleaning foods such as strawberries, lemons and raw veggies.
- Chew sugarless gum to stimulate saliva production to help rid your mouth of bacteria (and bad breath!).
- Avoid foods and drinks that can stain teeth: coffee, tea, red wine, cola... and cigarettes!
Make-up artist to the stars Brett Freedman encourages his celebrity clients to replace drab, muddy shades with light and luminous colors:
- Shimmer up your cheeks and eyes with a pinkish shades. Use a gel stain for a youthful look.
- Replace black and brown liners with a sweep of plum liquid eyeliner.
- Juice up your lips with a fruity lip gloss shade like watermelon, apricot and berry shades.
Brows are always very important to keep the structure of the face elevated, says Freedman. Keep the brow tidy and amp up their crispness with a touch of brow powder. Brow powder looks so natural, it's almost foolproof. Choose a color that is one shade lighter than your eyebrow hairs. Hightlight the brow bone with a creamy champagne eyeshadow to lift the eye area and add a nice vividness to the brows. Finish with a sweep of a brow and a dab of gel for staying power.