Hot Hairstyles
For Every Age

Every hairstyle is not for every age. When getting a new haircut, consider your age and lifestyle to find the best style and cut for you. Match your age to these latest hair trends for a chic yet age-appropriate look.

Hair trends for your 20sHair trends for your 20s

When you are young, you can do just about anything with your hair and get away with it.

Funky color

Your 20s are a great time to funk up your hair with color. Right now, shades of red -- from deep auburn to strawberry blonde -- are sizzling hot. Those in creative professions can get away with more vibrant, out-of-the-ordinary shades and unique coloring techniques. Consider chunky highlights in burgundy, purple and other hues.

4 Tips before you go color crazy >>

Crazy celeb hair colors >>

Super short

If you have always worn your hair long, now is a great time to chop it off. Pixie cuts are popular right now, and they work well with straight or wavy hair. Though you'll have to get your hair cut more often, shorter styles are much easier for daily maintenance.

Simple styles for short hair >>

Quiz: Is short hair right for your face shape? >>

Photos: Short hairstyles >>

Braided updo

Braided hairstyles are adorable when you are in your 20s. Check out this hairstyle tutorial for an easy, Bohemian braided hairstyle that you'll love.

Photos: Braided hairstyles >>

Up next: Hair trends for your 30s >>

Continue »

Comments

Comments on "Hair trends that fit your age"

Namitha July 21, 2011 | 10:31 PM

i have straight wavy hair,n a round face,Which hair style suits me?

trisha June 27, 2011 | 7:47 AM

hi, ive got hair thats thin, its past my shoulders, and i need to find some ways to fix my hair,i curl it,to it in piggy tails to get off my face, but i need different ways to fix my hair, im 57 yrs old but i look about 35, can any one help me on this,ty

anna June 27, 2011 | 7:38 AM

I am 60 years old with short, wavy, frizzy, flat hair. Need a style that is stylish for my age and a style that will is easy to work with and not too much time

Suzy Lorenzana June 26, 2011 | 3:02 PM

I have a medium hair length, it's very fine, thin, and straight. I have an oval shaped face. What kind of haircut do you recommend for me?

Marie June 26, 2011 | 9:10 AM

Oh, by the way my hair is naturally straight and I would like something simple to take care of.

Marie June 26, 2011 | 9:08 AM

I am going to be 60 years old next week and getting a new hair style. My face is a square shape. I have a bob haircut. I would like to know if I should get it stacked in the back and what should I do with the sides. Should I have it A lined or not?

Kitty Nolan June 24, 2011 | 10:41 AM

I have medium hair length, very fine, and not verymuch of it. very straight medium length.

Dorajean1 May 28, 2011 | 12:01 AM

I'm getting a New Hairstyle this coming Weekend and I'm going to take your alls advice .I'm 45 soon to be 46 and I have Long Hair so I'm going with the Warm Highlights with Auburn Tones. and Lots of Long Layers I will let you know what I Think about it.