Mornings are rushed enough without adding a complicated breakfast to the menu of madness. Here are a few fast breakfast recipes to get you and your family fed and out the door in record time.
1 cup low-fat milk
2 tablespoons honey or sugar-free honey substitute
1/2 cup granola
1/2 cup of ice
2 tablespoons low-fat milk
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese or feta cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Coat a 12-ounce microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray.
2. Add eggs and milk; beat until blended.
3. Microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir.
4. Microwave until eggs are almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer.
5. Top with cheese; season with salt and pepper.
1 apple, preferably McIntosh, cored and coarsely chopped
1 cup rolled oats
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch kosher salt
2 cups water
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/4 cup toasted pecans
1. Combine the apple, oats, cinnamon and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl water, and stir in the water.
2. Cover and seal with plastic wrap or a tightly fitting lid and heat in the microwave on high until apples are soft and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the maple syrup.
4. Divide between two bowls and top with the nuts. Serve immediately.
1 slice whole-wheat toast
1/2 teaspoon butter
Salt and pepper
1. Using a small drinking glass or cookie cutter, cut a circle from the center of a slice of bread.
2. Butter both sides of the bread. Place in a hot skillet over low heat.
3. Break an egg into the center hole.
4. Cook until the egg is set, then turn and cook the other side.
5. Serve sprinkled with salt and pepper.
Nuts (such as almonds)
Dried fruit (cherries, apricots, raisins)
Into a ziplock bag, dump 1/4 cup nuts, 1/4 cup dried fruit, and 1/2 cup of whole-grain cereal. A portable milk box completes the package.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!