The season is here for luxe vacations and last-minute road trips. There are a few essential pieces and accessories that strike the perfect balance between comfy and chic. These jet-set looks will help start your travels off on the right fashion foot.
Flying in style
You may be limited to the size of carry-on you can bring on board, but there’s no restriction on how “fly” you can look while on the plane. Put together a look that can ease you through airport security but is also fab.
- Sam & Libby Keira Tall Gladiator Sandal with Studded Straps. We recommend wearing a pair of decorative sandals that are easy to remove at any checkpoint but can allow for brisk walking. (Target $28)
- Michael Kors Medium Jet Set Saffiano Travel Tote. A trendy tote makes for a great alternative to the usual boring carry-on and you can fit more inside it than a typical purse will hold. (Cusp, $298)
- Zara Contrasting Printed Blazer. Incorporating a colorful patterned blazer achieves the perfect balance between polished and breezy. (Zara, $50)
- MADEWELL Hepcat Shades. Complete the look with a pair of oversized sunnies that can double as a headband until you arrive at your destination! (Madewell, $55)
Road trip trend-setting
Sitting in a car for hours on end can really start to mess with your head. In fact, studies have shown that the percentage of fashionistas switching into scrubs midway through the trip has drastically increased. It's our civic duty to prevent this from happening again, with the following suggestions.
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi and Sally&Circle Price Sun Single. Lace up a pair of ultra-comfy Chucks and slip into a knit or cotton graphic tee. Just by adding these ingredients, we’ve already improved our seat-belt chic. (Converse, $55) (Sally&Circle Price Sun Single, $18)
- Neff Daily Heather Magenta Black Beanie. Donning a slouchy beanie is a choice way to tame your mane after a series of car naps and rolled-down windows. And you'll still look on-trend. (Zumiez, $19)
- New Look Fringe backpack. A playful backpack not only mirrors your casual style, but also adds to your sense of security when taking a break at a rest stop. (Asos, $60)
- Ray-Ban Classic Clubmaster. Topping off this grunge goddess look with a pair of sunglasses is the crowning touch to your look. (InterMixOnline, $145)
More complete looks
5 Celebrity-inspired fall looks
Looks we love for back to school
5 Stylish fitness looks for spring and beyond