Though making s'mores in the oven is far less fun or romantic compared to sitting in a dessert-hungry circle around a campfire, oven s'mores do allow you the luxury of making these yummy marshmallow chocolate treats any time your sweet tooth arises.
6 whole graham crackers, broken in half crosswise
3 milk chocolate or dark chocolate candy bars
2 cups marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven broiler. Line a small baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Lay 6 of the graham cracker squares on a serving plate. Break the candy bars in half and lay one piece on each of the graham crackers on the plate.
3. Arrange the marshmallows in a single layer in the baking dish. Place under broiler until the marshmallow tops turn golden brown. Carefully turn the marshmallows and broil until golden.
4. Remove the marshmallows from the oven. Layer marshmallows on each of the chocolate squares. Top with the remaining graham cracker halves and press down gently. Serve warm.
Turn your s'mores into cookie-like bars and you can conveniently pack them in your purse or your kid's backpack.
1-1/2 tablespoons butter
3 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
3/4 cup chopped semi-sweet or milk chocolate
2 cups honey graham cereal
1. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add 2 cups marshmallows and corn syrup and cook, stirring, until melted and smooth. Add chocolate and cook, stirring, until melted.
3. Place cereal and remaining marshmallows in a large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir well to coat.
4. Press s'more mixture into prepared baking pan. Cool completely before cutting into s'more squares. Once cooled, wrap in plastic and store in a cool, dry place.
Makes 8 to 10 brownies
A tasty twist on the traditional s'more, these layered brownies will more than make up for the fact you aren't sitting under the stars in the great outdoors.
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1-1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
4 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 bag large marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil so foil hangs over the edges by about 1 inch. Butter foil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour into a medium-sized bowl and stir in graham cracker crumbs. Press the crumb mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
3. Put remaining butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl over a pan of water at a low boil. Stir until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, if using a double boiler.
4. Add sugars, vanilla and salt and stir to combine. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add flour and stir until just incorporated.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes or until the top is crispy and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean. Remove pan from oven and turn on oven broiler.
6. Top brownie with a layer of large marshmallows. Place under the broiler until marshmallows are lightly toasted. Quickly remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
7. Using the outer flap of foil, carefully lift brownie from pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 8 to 10 squares to serve. Store leftovers in a deep airtight container so the lid doesn't touch the marshmallow top.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!