1. Focus on fun colors and styles. "This winter, try reds, purples and other rich colors; flat or foldover boots; fringe, buckles, or other hardware," says, Anne Crays, Shoebuy.com's Vice President for merchandising and fashion forecasting. Another little way to make a big impact? "Buy a pair of colored or textured tights to enhance a plain look," she advises.
2. Update your accessories. "Root your wardrobe in classic styles that will last over multiple seasons, while using the latest accessory trends in shoes, handbags, and jewelry to make a small but noticeable statement to your look," says Crays. And you can snag great deals on those accessories if you shop creatively. Check thrift stores, garage sales, and even your own attic.
3. Clean out the closet. This one might seem like a no-brainer, but it can also feel like an overwhelming task if you don't approach it right. So, every time you walk in your closet, consider one item. Have you worn it in the last 12 months? Do you love it? Does it fit? Does it make you look fabulous? If you have to answer no to any of these questions, get rid of the garment. Do this every time you walk in your closet, and in a month you'll notice a real difference.
4. Shop smart. If you need just the right piece, get online to find it. At Shoebuy.com, you can narrow your search with smart filters, and free shipping both ways means you can concentrate on buying what you love instead of worrying about returns. Look for similar guarantees at other sites to enhance your online shopping experience.
5. Invite a friend over. Sometimes, a fresh pair of eyes is all you need. Let a friend go through your closet and make suggestions. She might pair your classic suit jacket with your favorite jeans for a look you wind up loving. Or she might convince you that it's finally time to lose the yoga pants you think are suitable for shopping in.
You deserve a new look. And you don't have to break the bank to get it.?
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!