Cookies for the cure
Boob cookies

Ta-da! EdibLe ta-tas!

Bake some smiles into a breast cancer fundraiser with "boob" cookies and cupcakes.

Creative packaging and custom labels will add some light-hearted humor while helping raise money to fight a disease that affects millions of women. Here are some baking and decorating suggestions and some helpful sticker templates that are easy to print out and punch.

Boob cookies and cupcakes

Bake

Bake cookies

Bake an assortment of cookies: sugar, peanut butter, chocolate, snickerdoodle.

Decorate

Nipple toppings

Remember, no two boobs are exactly the same! Have fun with your "nipple" toppings. Some candies that work well: Hersey's Kisses (mini and regular), Lifesavers Gummies, M&M's, Strawberry Whoppers, Mike & Ike and Dots.

Decorate boob cookies

You can also use dollops of colored frosting or candy melts. Package them in pairs or assorted bags-of-boobs.

Boob cookies decorated

Package

Print labels

Print out the "Cookies for the Cure" or "Thanks for Your Support" PDF onto full-sheet label paper and make stickers with a 2-inch hole punch (plain or decorative, found in most hobby and craft stores.)

Boob cookies in packaging

Attach the stickers to the bags and sell, sell, sell for the cure!

Boob cookies in packaging

Up next: Boob cupcakes >>

Continue »

Comments

Comments on "Cookies and cupcakes for the cure"

Bryn October 01, 2013 | 4:47 PM

All the haters need to lighten up. These cupcakes not only bringing light to a negative situation, they are a humorous and edgy way to raise awareness. You took the time to comment on this, which means it made an impression on you. Job well done to you, Sandra!

Devin July 23, 2013 | 6:33 PM

I think these are totally cute and that people who are dealing with something as serious as breast cancer aren't going to think twice about eating a cookie than slightly resembles a boob. Come on people, lighten up!

Holly January 12, 2013 | 10:28 AM

I agree with Catherine and Susan. It's not the "boobs" we are trying to save, it's the person. And who wants to pretend they are eating a breast? Gross. I think it would be nice to have cute cupcakes and cookies that stick to the pink theme but don't try to represent private and sacred body parts of women.

Sandra November 11, 2012 | 8:26 PM

Thank you Kate! My aunt (who had breast cancer in the 1960's and was a fabulous baker) would have ADORED these cupcakes. And my sister-in-law (who's a nurse and had breast cancer 2 years ago) made these for her friends and coworkers who helped her throughout her treatment. I made stickers for her boob boxes that said "Thanks for all the support!" My opinion is.... anything that can bring a smile to a negative situation. I especially love the idea of different prices for different sizes. Very clever!

Kate November 06, 2012 | 3:35 PM

@ Catherine I walk in the 3-day. Bad taste? Really? With survivors and walkers and supporters wearing shirts and hats and pins that say things like "Protect second base.", "Explore your mountains.", "Save a life, grope your wife." and "3-day? I thought I was signing up for a 3-way!" and you think that cupcakes in the shape of breasts are in bad taste? I think you need to hang out with survivors a little more. You could erase your own ignorance. @ Susan G I agree about the health food factor, but come on. The women I walk with would love these. they would take pictures of each other eating (or posing with) them and post them on Facebook. I would have taken it further and had different prices for different size cupcakes. b-cup c-cup and d-cup cakes.

Catherine October 17, 2012 | 9:39 AM

Raising money for breast cancer= great idea These "ta ta" desserts= extremely bad taste This is one of the most ignorant ideas I've ever heard of.

Susan G. October 16, 2012 | 8:19 PM

Oh come on now! Has everyone lost their common sense!? We all know we care about raising money for breast cancer awareness, and be educated in taking care of ourselves, eating right, exercising etc. But do we need to make and EAT (for goodness sakes!) boob cookies! NO THANK YOU! Gross and disgusting and I'm so glad I'm "old fashioned"!

Krystal October 09, 2012 | 12:58 PM

I love the cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!