Locks Of Love

Several non-profit organizations are in need of hair donations to make hairpieces for disadvantaged children who are suffering from long-term medical hair loss.

One of these organizations is Locks of Love. They provide hairpieces to children free of charge. Locks of Love is looking for hair donations measuring 10 inches in length or more.

Visit their website at LocksofLove.org to find out more information about the organization and the procedures for donating hair. If you are in the need of a whole new look and thinking of cutting off your long locks, check out this video from Maury. This young woman not only cuts off inches of her hair -- she cuts off several feet!

Comments

Comments on "Haircuts for a cause - Locks of Love"

Emma June 03, 2010 | 8:13 AM

Try Great Clips or Aveda Inst.

Ruby Flores April 29, 2010 | 8:40 AM

I have a daughter named Megan who has donated her hair to locks for love before. This time Megan would like to help out a family member who has been diagnosed with breast cancer, we had sent her hair from the first donation to Florida but Megan REALLY wants to help Stacy with a wig from her hair. So can you please help us find a place where we can get her haircut and get a wig made especially for Stacy. It would mean alot to Megan to be able to help Stacy feel better even if it is on the outside. PLEASE help us find someone who can help. Oh by the way Megan is only 8 years old. And I can be reached by email or cell at.

Bernice January 01, 2010 | 4:22 PM

Need info on how to donate my hair..

NormaJ. Garcia July 28, 2009 | 3:50 PM

I have a 3 yr.old neighbor, who has Lukemia, has had her head shaved. How can her parents obtain a hair piece for her??? What do they need to do??? They are from Mexico, but American Citizens now. The Mom speaks very little English, and has a hard time understanding? Please let me know. Or if you have some who in fluent in Spanish, I can send you their phone number...

enriqueta hernandez June 18, 2009 | 2:57 PM

My daghter and i are looking for a place to donate her hair, she just got a new hair cut and she thought that it would be a great idea to donate her hair. Any one knows where i can go. Thank You. Enriqueta Hernandez 210-434-5653

Mercy Perez & Emerald Consuelo Perez July 21, 2008 | 2:40 PM

Hello and I hope you get this in the best of health. My daughter and I are looking for a place to where we can donate our hair to lock for love. Emerald has hair pass her knees, where she has had it since birth, and at this moment she has a serious illness with her liver, (PSC). Due to some of her illness, she has gotten several bad headaches. We both have talk about donating our to other children who really need our hair as wigs. My hair is past my waist, and I have another daughter also who's hair is very long too. This means a lot to us, so can you please help us find a place where we can donate our hair. This will be Emerald's 1st time doing this. We also have had family members with cancer, and when we wanted to do a wig for my aunt, she said no, because there would be someone else who would need it more. So can you please help us find a place. Thank you so much! Mercy Perez 210-990-6266