- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 10
Crunchy buttery Zwiebach with Walnuts will become a family favorite.
- 1 cup butter, clarified and chilled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cream butter with 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder together; add gradually to batter. Mix well. Stir in walnuts. Form dough into three loaves about 15 inches long.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cut loaves in 1/2 inch slices. Dip each slice into a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Return to cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.