- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 16 rolls
Flavorful addition to the classic yeast roll.
- 1/2 cup zucchini, cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup scalded milk
- 1 cake yeast
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Mix together the squash, sugar, salt, shortening and milk. Heat to lukewarm.
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water, add to the milk mixture. Add in the flour and mix well.
- All the dough to rise, and double in size.
- Knead and shape into rolls, allow to rise again.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.