- Prep: 1 hr 45 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 2 hr 5 min
- Serving: Serves 4
These designer-looking appetizers not only look impressive, but taste it too! The creamy and rich yogurt curry sauce makes the perfect partner for the fresh coriander and zucchini.
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces fromage blanc
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 sachet flavorless, colorless gelatin
- 2/3 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 5 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- Chervil or parsley sprigs to garnish
- Place 2 tablespoons of water and the lemon juice in a medium-sized saucepan. Add zucchini and onions and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Place zucchini mixture in a food processor, and add the coriander leaves, cheese, salt and pepper. Process until smooth then set aside to cool.
- Empty the sachet of gelatin in 2 tablespoons of water in a cup. Place cup in bowl of hot water, and stir gelatin to dissolve. Add to the zucchini puree and mix well.
- Place the mixture into 2/3 cup ramekin dishes. Chill mixture for 1-1/2 hours until set.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pan, mix the yogurt, milk, egg yolk and curry paste together and heat until heated through and slightly thickened. Do not boil. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the yogurt sauce on a large serving dish, and then turn out the molds on top of the sauce. Garnish the zucchini molds with chervil or parsley sprigs.