- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: Makes 1, 9x5-inch loaf
A great way to use leftover zucchini from your trip to the farmer’s market, this bread is also wonderful toasted the following day.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, snipped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and soda with a wire whisk.
- Add the zucchini, cheese, scallions, parsley and dill to the flour mixture and toss until ingredients are coated in flour.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter by whisking with a fork. Pour into the flour mixture and mix just until the dry ingredients become moist. The batter will not be smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center of the loaf tests clean. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.