- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Makes 12 slices
Shredded zucchini helps this bread remain nice and moist while the addition of rice provides it with texture and a thicker, heartier consistency. Serve as a savory yet slightly sweet accompaniment to you dinner meal.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1-1/2 medium)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grease a round 9x1-1/2-inch pan with cooking spray or olive oil and then lightly dust with flour.
- Place the flour, rice, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and mix well to combine. Add the zucchini, raisins, dry milk, apple concentrate, lemon peel and egg whites and continue to stir until the mixture is well-blended.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and then place in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread tests clean. Let the bread stand for 10 minutes prior to cutting.