- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4
A bit of Mex-Italian flavor in Ziti with Mexican Style Meat Sauce.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1, 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1, 2 ounce jar pimentos, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1, 16 ounce package ziti
- In 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, green pepper and onion until meat is browned and pepper and onion are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in water, tomato paste, pimentos and seasoning mix; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover, simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare pasta as directed on package. Drain. Serve meat sauce over ziti.