- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves about 4 people
Instead of tossing grapes or cherries into your favorite chicken salad sandwich, why not add a few pieces of juicy, ripe cantaloupe? The delicious addition of the melon paired with the lemon and chicken make one amazing salad! Scoop a few hefty spoonfuls of this delicious stuff between two pieces of bread for a great twist on a normal chicken salad sandwich.
- 2 cups of rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cantaloupe
- 1/2 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the chicken, celery, red onion and salt and pepper together in a medium-sized bowl. Add the cantaloupe and mix well.
- Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt and pepper together until fully combined. Scoop the mixture over the chicken and stir to combine.
- Chill for 30 - 60 minutes before eating and enjoy!