- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 10
Looking for a side dish that is easy to make and tasty? Look no further--try this rutabaga casserole tonight.
- 4 rutabagas
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 cup milk
- Peel rutabagas and cut into large chunks. Place in a large pot full of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until just tender. Drain and return to pot.
- Mash rutabagas with an electric mixer or potato masher along with grated carrots, sugar, and butter
- Place in a baking dish in oven at a low temperature to keep warm. Stir in milk. Cover so that the dish will not dry out. If it does dry out a little, stir in a some more milk.