- Prep: 12 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 12 hr 5 min
- Serving: Makes about 2 cups
A healthier alternative to whipped cream, strained yogurt mixed with honey and lemon zest makes a delicious creamy topping.
- 1 32-ounze carton plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 cup honey
- Line a strainer with 3 layers of cheesecloth, or a coffee filter, and place over a bowl.
- Add the yogurt, cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Place the thickened yogurt into a medium-sized bowl and discard the strained liquid.
- Add the honey and the lemon peel and stir to blend.