- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
An extremely light and fresh pasta dish with clean tastes and flavorful ingredients, the yogurt in this dish omits the need for heavy and fattening cream.
- 1 pound pasta of your choice
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds), coarsely shredded
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the directions on package, placing shredded zucchini into the pot 1 minute before pasta is ready.
- Drain both the pasta and the zucchini, saving 1/4 cup of the hot cooking liquid.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and add the Greek yogurt, 1 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, the freshly grated nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix to blend and check seasoning.
- Place the pasta, zucchini and the 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid into the sauté pan and toss to coat. Serve the pasta with additional freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.