- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 hr 30 min
- Total: 9 hr 50 min
- Serving: 6
You can use pork or beef sausage in this recipe.
- 1 pkg. dried yellow split peas, sorted, rinsed (16 oz.)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrots
- 1/2 pound sausage, casing removed, cut into 1/3-inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can whole kernel corn niblets with red and green peppers (11 oz.)
- Combine all ingredients except onions and corn in a crock pot.
- Stir carefully to mix.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours or until peas are soft.
- Stir in onions and corn.
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes.