- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 8
Alongside the chicken wings, burgers and hot dogs, serve a hearty vegetarian chili for your Super Bowl guests who prefer a hearty bean-rich stew over meat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (15-ounce) can roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Sprinkle with taco seasoning, oregano and thyme, stirring to combine.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes and let cook for 1 minute. Add broth and tomato paste, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crumbled feta and chopped fresh parsley.