- Prep: 2 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 2 hr 35 min
- Serving: 6
A yummy variation on candied yams (credit: David E. Hanson)
- 3 cups mashed yams (3 yams or large can)
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup Egg Beaters)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (small carton)
- Boil or bake yams. Mash yams and mix in eggs and cinnamon. Refrigerate for least 1 hour (overnight if possible).
- Roll into balls slightly larger than golf balls. Insert 1/2 large marshmallow in middle of each ball (make sure the marshmallow is completely covered).
- Roll yam balls in crushed graham crackers.
- Place in baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray, and bake for 10 minutes at 350F.
- In saucepan, melt margarine. Add sugar, flour and vanilla. When sugar is dissolved stir in cream. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Remove dish from oven and place 1/2 of large marshmallow on top of each Yam Ball. Pour sauce over yam balls.
- Cook for another 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.