- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
The addition of Averna Amaro to this rich and decadent cocktail brings the influence of Italian taste and character to this festive holiday drink.
- 1-1/2 ounces Averna Amaro
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- Cinnamon and sugar mix to rim glass
- Lemon wedge
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon to garnish
- Put some of the cinnamon and sugar mixture onto a plate. Run a lemon wedge around the rim of a glass to moisten and then dip the rim into the sugar, pressing gently to adhere.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the garnish, into a cocktail shaker and dry shake for 30 seconds to combine.
- Fill the shaker with ice and then vigorously shake for an additional 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass and then garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon; serve immediately.