- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 8
World War Two Cheesecake is a classic favorite topped with sour cream.
- 3, 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 large graham cracker crumb crust
- Topping: 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Mix first 5 ingredients. Pour into graham cracker crust and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Mix together sour cream and sugar. Spread topping over cooled cheese cake and bake an additional 10 minutes at 450 degrees F. Let cool completely, then refrigerate. Best made the day before serving.