- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 20
World Famous Brownies are chock full of pecans and will serve a crowd of chocolate lovers.
- 2 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 7 eggs plus one egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour sifted with a 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- Cream butter and sugar together in mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, plus egg yolk and vanilla, mixing well. Fold in the flour/cocoa mixture. Add nuts.
- Spread brownie mixture evenly in a 12 by 18 inch greased and lightly floured pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool completely before cutting into 1 1/2 inch squares.