- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Paired with brown rice and a fruit salad, Wok-fried Beef with Spinach makes a great dinner for any night of the week.
- 1 pound lean steak, cut into strips
- 1 pound of spinach, leaves removed and shredded
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons of corn flour
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons satay sauce
- 2 tablespoons of dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 ounces cashews, roasted
- Using a wok (or frying pan if you don't have a wok), heat oil on medium-high. Add steak and stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until the beef is browned. Remove the beef from the pan and pat dry on paper towels.
- To the wok, add the spinach, ginger and garlic and stir fry until the spinach starts to wilt. In a small bowl, whisk together the corn flour, water, satay sauce, sherry and soy sauce. Add the sauce to the spinach and cook until the mixture boils and thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Return the beef to the wok, add the cashews and cook until the beef is heated through (about 2-3 minutes). Serve warm on top of brown rice.