- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This is not your traditional chili recipe, but it is just as hearty, rich and delicious. Serve garnished with fresh sage and crumbled goat cheese.
- 1 pound bulk sage sausage
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 12-ounce package frozen winter squash puree, thawed
- 1 cup chunky-style chipotle salsa
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 3.5-ounce package herb-flavored goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh Sage to garnish
- Place the sausage in a large saucepan and brown over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Break the sausage up into pieces and then tilt the pan and remove the fat.
- Add the beans, squash, salsa, and water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot topped with the goat cheese and the fresh sage.