- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves 2-4
This lovely salad has both wonderful flavor and beautiful presentation with its mix of lettuce, walnuts, apple and beets. Enjoy it tossed with creamy buttermilk dressing.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1-1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound mixed green lettuces
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1 raw medium beet, very thinly sliced
- Place the egg yolk into a bowl and slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking vigorously to combine. Add the buttermilk, crème fraîche, shallots, lemon juice and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper. Whisk the mixture well until blended.
- Place the lettuce into a large bowl and top with 3/4 of the dressing. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and then toss well to coat. Garnish the top of the salad with the toasted walnuts, apples and beets, and then drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.