- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr 15 min
- Total: 2 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4
Flavored with white wine, Winter Pork Roast and Fresh Vegetables is a great weekend meal.
- 2 pounds pork roast, boned, rolled
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 medium turnips, peeled and quartered
- 3 carrots, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon each caraway seed, salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Rub roast with garlic. Place in covered casserole. Arrange vegetables around roast. Sprinkle with seasonings. Drizzle with wine.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 2 hours or until tender. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes.