- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This warm cocktail is similar to a Toddy but a bit more proper and refined. Serve in place of tea for a small gathering of friends along with a side of gingersnap or dark molasses cookies.
- 2 orange wedges
- 2 lemon wedges
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 2 dashes chocolate bitters
- Boiling water
- Lemon slice studded with cloves to garnish
- Place the orange and lemon wedges into a cocktail shaker, muddle well, and then add the bourbon, Cointreau and bitters.
- Fill the shaker with ice and then shake vigorously for 30 seconds to combine.
- Strain the mixture into a mug and then top with boiling water. Garnish with the lemon slice studded with cloves and serve immediately.