- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 1 cup
Fondue parties have gained popularity because they are simple and delicious accompaniments to wine and cocktails.
- 2 cups full-bodied red wine (Zinfandel, Barolo or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry fruit pectin
- Place the wine and the sugar into a small sauté pan and place over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add the pectin and stir to combine. Cook the mixture for an additional minute and then remove from heat, cool and transfer to a dipping bowl.
- Serve with cubes of cheese and bread.