- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr 10 min
- Total: 3 hr 40 min
- Serving: 5-6 servings
- 4 slices bacon
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons white wine or cooking wine
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Fry the bacon in a skillet. Drain and crumble, reserving the drippings.
- Lightly brown the chicken in the bacon drippings. Place the chicken in a greased slow cooker. Surround with the celery and bell pepper.
- In the same skillet, mix together the soup and wine. Pour into the slow cooker. Cook covered for 3-4 hours on low.
- Add a slice of cheese to the top of each piece of chicken and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce and crumbled bacon over top.