- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Use the mushrooms of your choice for this simple vegetarian side dish. Serve with roasted poultry or beef as an earthy-flavored and elegant accompaniment.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the onion, garlic and broth and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the mushrooms, wine and tomato paste to the mixture, stir to combine and then cook for 3 additional minutes before adding the spinach, green onions and the parsley. Sprinkle the mixture with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, and then cook for 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Serve immediately.