- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 5
On chilly day soup is a must. This hearty recipe for Wild Rice Soup is just what you need to warm up and refuel for your day.
Tip: Keep your preparation time at a minimum by purchasing precooked wild rice.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 10 1/2 ounces condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup slivered, toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- # In a pan over medium heat, melt butter then cook celery, carrot, and bell pepper for about 4 minutes.
- Add Bisquick, salt, and pepper. Stir, then add water, broth, and wild rice.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through, then serve.