- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Substitute your typical white rice with this lemony wild rice side dish, seasoned with thyme. Pair it with chicken or fish for a well-rounded meal.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 3/4 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the shallots. Sprinkle with salt and sauté for about 6 minutes, or until shallots are soft.
- Mix in the rice and broth to the pan. When the mixture boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for approximately 40 minutes.
- Mix in the Thyme, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir with a fork to fluff rice and incorporate seasonings. Add salt and pepper and serve.