- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 4
An easy-to-make healthy salad that helps you get more grains into your daily meals, tastefully.
- 1-1/2 cups wholegrain (brown) rice
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
- 8 large button mushrooms, sliced
- a handful of parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- dash of soy sauce
- 3-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook rice according to directions on package; set aside to cool. Meanwhile, wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, lightly toast cashews for about 4 minutes or until fragrant.
- In a small bowl, whisk cider vinegar with the soy sauce. Slowly pour in olive oil and continue whisking.
- Place rice, cashews and all other ingredients into a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.